Fire & Smoke
When fires, water and storms violate a homeowner’s life it affects them, their neighbors and the community. A life has been turned upside down reminding everyone just how fragile theirs is and how fast things can change. How quickly a disaster can turn order to chaos.
Emotion is high, logic is low and the homeowner is in turmoil. Home Design Expo, Inc. Restoration provides peace of mind the minute we step out of our trucks. We’ve been there. We know how a homeowner feels. Our only goal is to make sure that the process of healing and the feeling of security are restored immediately.
A homeowner’s life has been charred, soaked and scattered all over the neighborhood and their only priority is their sanctuary, family, memories and investment.
Home Design Expo, Inc. Restoration we’re everywhere and ready for any size disaster from a small residential loss to a large commercial catastrophe.
By using Home Design Expo, Inc. Restoration you can secure, recover and restore your life right away…
Smoke damage repair and other fire damage repair jobs need the expertise and guaranteed quality service.
Call our Emergency Services
24 HRS – 1.866.367.3976
Home Design Expo, Inc. Restoration specializes in the cleaning and repair of Home and Commercial Property that has suffered smoke damage and fire damage, including furnishings, contents, floor coverings, and walls. Insurance adjusters recognize Home Design Expo, Inc. Restoration as a trusted partner when dealing with fire and smoke damage repair situations.
- Blow off or brush-vacuum loose soot particles from upholstery, drapes and carpets.
- Cover carpeted traffic areas with towels or old linens to prevent additional soiling.
- Discard open food packages. The food could be contaminated.
- If electrical service is off, clean out your freezer and refrigerator.
- Leave the door propped open or place charcoal in the unit.
- Send clothing with heavy smoke damage to a qualified professional dry cleaner.
- Clean Formica and chrome fixtures in the kitchen and bathroom to prevent permanent tarnishing.
- Wipe residue from porcelain bath fixtures to prevent etching.
- Wipe the leaves of house plants to remove smoke residue.
- Change the air filter on your furnace if it uses forced hot air.
- Tape cheesecloth over intake and outlet air registers to capture any loose soot in the air.
This is even more effective if the cheesecloth is damp.
- If the outside temperature is above 15 degrees, air out the house to reduce smoke odor.
- Do not attempt to wash any papered or flat painted walls without consulting your professional cleaner. Incorrect cleaning procedures could compound the soot residue problem.
- Do not attempt to clean carpets or upholstered furniture. Again, incorrect procedures could increase damage.
- Do not use electrical appliances that have been close to fire or water before having them checked. They could malfunction.
- Do not use ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet. A short circuit could result.
- Do not touch anything. Soot on your hands can permeate upholstery, walls and woodwork, causing further damage.
- Do not eat food that has been exposed to fire or smoke.
- Do not wait to call for professional help.
We use the latest equipment and supplies in our four-step fire and smoke damage restoration process:
- Emergency pre-cleaning
- Content cleaning
- Content pack-out
- Wall and ceiling cleaning deodorization
Call now for a Free Estimate!